The term ‘Lightworks’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Cannon Park, Transfesa Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6UF. Our company registration number is 03710386. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice to you. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. You and we hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Accessing the Website
It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this Website. (However, particular areas of this Website will only be accessible if you have registered.)
All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time, but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Intellectual property rights
All material accessible on the Website is protected by copyright. You may view Website pages on screen and may print or download extracts of them for your own personal use or internal circulation within your organisation.
You may supply a copy of any such extract to any third party provided that:
- The extract is for their own personal use.
- The extract is not supplied as part of or incorporated in another work, website or publication.
- The extract is not supplied either directly or indirectly in return for commercial gain.
- You do not remove any copyright or other warning notices contained within the extract.
- The third party is not a competitor of ours, or an agent or employee of a competitor; and
- the third party is made aware that the source of the copy is this Website and that these terms apply equally to them.
- You may use the results of any tool on our Website solely for the purposes of determining the specification of products you wish to purchase from us and/or for making a purchase from us.
- No part of the Website may be reproduced, transmitted to, or stored on any other website or in any other medium without our express written consent.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these terms, your right to use our Website and any materials obtained from it will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Content of the Website
The content of the Website is for information purposes only and you acknowledge that it does not constitute advice on which reliance should be placed.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and complete, but information is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not give any other express or implied promises about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of that information. The use of the Website is at your sole risk and our liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of your use or reliance on the information shall be excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
The Website includes content, services and hypertext links to websites owned, operated, controlled and/or provided by third parties (“Third Party Content”). Your use of any Third-Party Content may be subject to the relevant third party’s terms and conditions, and it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of those terms and conditions. We will not necessarily see or be aware of any enquiries that you submit to any third parties who provide Third Party Content.
We have no control over or proprietary interest in any Third-Party Content. We do not give any promises about the quality, security, accuracy or any other aspect of any Third-Party Content and exclude any and all liability arising from your use of it.
We do not moderate any comments submitted by third parties to our Website and are not responsible for the content of any such comments. The views expressed in any comments submitted by third parties do not necessarily represent our views or values, and we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by a third party.
Changes to the Website
We aim to update our Website frequently. However, please note that any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We reserve the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice:
- To modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website, for any reason.
- To modify or change the Website, or any portion of the Website and any applicable policies or terms; and
- To interrupt the operation of the Website, or any portion of the Website as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
- We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alterations of user communications. We are not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature including those involving a telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software or failure of email howsoever arising.
Links to the Website
Your use of this website and any dispute arising to links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The material on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We provide tools on our Website to assist you in making decisions. These tools are provided for convenience purposes, are only intended as a guide to the solutions available only and are not intended to provide advice, to indicate the availability of any product or to create any form of obligation between you and us. Where these tools provide the opportunity to save your progress and return at a later time, we exclude all liability for any loss or damage to saved data which may occur.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Nothing in these terms shall not operate so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability: for death or personal injury; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for damage suffered as a result of any breach by of the conditions as to title and quiet enjoyment implied by English law; under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or for any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by English law.